Thursday, July 13, 2006



This is my first apple hat. I realize that it's no great thrill to anyone but me, but I was and am proud that it turned out recognizable. :) Today it's being mailed to Ilene of Brockton, MA as a donation to her WIC/Breastfeeding initiative. The Yarn Harlot sent out the request and hopefully, Ilene will be inundated in tons of little knitted baby hats. On Harlot's site, I found the greatest little watermelon hat pattern that I cannot wait to make. That said, I purchased the yarn yesterday and plan to get busy this upcoming weekend. I also need to make another couple apple hats for recently born or due-to-be-delivered babies.

I also wanted to show off my first pair of clogs/slippers. The color is Aubergine and the wool is Lamb's Pride Worsted. I really, really like this wool. I know that it's not the fanciest or the most expensive, but I've found it so easy and pleasant to work with and the quality is consistent.

No comments: