Sunday, July 16, 2006

On the Needles Now

As you can see, I broke my rule about having three on-going projects, but I earned it nevertheless. The laundry's done, the house is clean and the yard has been mowed (all of which were done yesterday, Saturday). Did I mention we have a 2 acre yard? In addition to the house and yard care, we went to see Pirates/Dead Man's Chest, which was very enjoyable. I finally sat down and started knitting last night around 8:00 p.m. and this is what I've done on my watermelon hat so far. I'm using a ?Karabelle/Karabella? merino wool and it's wonderful. That yarn on my Addi Turbos just flows! I think all future baby hats will be done with the same material. I liked the Debbie Bliss that I used on the apple hat, but this yarn is just silky - - that's the only way to describe it. I plan on finding some small to medium black beads to use as "watermelon seeds." I'm really looking forward to seeing the end result!

No comments: