Wednesday, February 07, 2007



It's been a very quiet and pleasant two weeks. The focus lately has been on family. My daughter, Andie, celebrated her 12th birthday on 2.2.07 and the next day, we enjoyed a mother-daughter shopping & dinner expedition. It was a lot of fun and I'm stupified (that's a good word) at how quickly she and her brother are growing up and maturing. Skander will become a teenager on 2.25.07 (13th birthday) and I'm still in denial. :)

I've been knitting quite a bit lately, but the projects are for folks who read this, so I don't want to upload photos quite yet.

Now for the weather.... Bedford finally got snow last night and it was a nice compromise. There was enough white stuff to cover the ground and feel/look like a real snowfall, but the roads were clear this morning. At long last, winter has arrived.

Photographed here is my completed and long-since mailed Red Scarf project, an Irish Hiking. Swallowtail Shawl class starts Friday and I'm really looking forward it! I'm pretty nervous ("LACEWEIGHT?!?!," she says panicking), but excited too. Please wish me luck (I'm going to need it). Cheers all!

7 comments:

Marianne said...

A very happy belated birthday to Andie! So, Dana, is February your month for birthdays?
The scarf is stunning, I really like that pattern,,and it's such a pleasant knit.
Just remember, lace is magical. It's not hard......and it truly is magical. (You're going to love it) I will wish you luck, but I don't think you'll really need it.
What are you using for your Swallowtail?

Dianne said...

Happy Belated to Andie..and Much luck to you Dana as you start your Swallowtail but with your skills and patience, you will be just fine..can't wait to hear all about the class on Sunday..and I am very much looking forward to our 'field trip'..you think we need parental permission forms?..giggles..Happy Knitting~~
OOPS..forgot..the scarf is gorgeous!!! Your knitting is just beautiful!

Dianne said...

I can tell you're not a true 'Bedfordite'...because that would be 'everywhare'..giggles..I know you will 'LOVE' dem socks..and feel free to wear them in my car..but NO bars..with Ms. Andie along..lol

Dana said...

Marianne...Yes, February is the birthday month (Andie, 2/2, Alex, 2/25, my father, 2/25, my husband, 2/26, and my sister, 2/26). When Christmas doesn't break me, February finishes off the job. :)

For Swallowtail, my first skein is a cranberry-colored Fino and the second shawl/skein is a Skacel hunter green (assuming I survive the knitting of the first!).

Marianne said...

Wow, you DO have lots of February celebrations! and I know what you mean....
Those are lovely yarns for the Swallowtail, I'm really looking forward to seeing them. I just know you're going to do fine!

Anonymous said...

Happy B-day to your chill'uns! (and the rest of your clan, apparently.) I feel your pain to a lesser degree... my best friend's birthday is Jan. 10th, my brother's is Feb. 21st, and my dad's is Feb. 23rd.
I love the scarf, and I can't wait to see all of those clandestine knitted gifts once they are safe to be pictured on the blog.

Anonymous said...

Dana..have a look at the link on my site to "Gill" where you will see the most gorgeous laceweight shawl ever ..it's made me think I must really persevere .angie