Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Warning - - BIG BRAGGING ALERT

Check out this e-mail exchange and see why I'm grinning from ear-to-ear:

Message No. 1:


-----Original Message-----
From: Ashley Stultz
To: Alexander Soltani
Sent: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 12:23 pm
Subject: One more Email

Parents, Guardians, and Students:

Hope your summer is going GREAT so far. I really enjoyed working with you and your child this year. I wish you all the best of luck next year at the high school. On Friday after all of the students left I was informed that Math SOL scores were in. If you would like to know your child's score, please send me an email.

Thanks again for everything!

Ashley Stultz

©º°¨¨°º©©º°¨¨°º©©º°¨¨°º©©º°¨¨°º©©º°¨¨°º©©º°¨¨°º©
Ashley Stultz
Bedford County Public Schools


Message No. 2:

-----Original Message-----
From: clansoltan@aol.com
Sent: 6/10/2008 1:53:00 PM
To: astultz
Cc:
Subject: Re: One more Email

Hi Mrs. Stultz,

I would very much like to know Alex's score when you have the opportunity to e-mail it. Likewise, thank you too for all of your informative e-mails throughout the year; I greatly appreciated them.

Best regards,

Dana Soltani


Message No. 3:

-----Original Message-----
From: Ashley Stultz
To: clansoltan@aol.com
Sent: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 10:42 pm
Subject: RE: Re: One more Email

Alex scored a 600!! Please congratulate him for me!!

Thanks


Message No. 4: (Yes, I am an ignorant fool.)

-----Original Message-----
From: clansoltan@aol.com
Sent: 6/11/2008 10:01:00 AM
To: astultz
Cc:
Subject: Re: One more Email

Thank you! I will definitely pass your congratulations on to Alex. Now, if you don't mind me asking - - where does a "600" rank? "Pass Advanced" or "Pass Proficient"?

Any scores he made are due to your skills as a teacher, so congratulations to you too!!

Dana


Message No. 5:

A 600 is a perfect score. You cannot score any higher!

Thanks!


End Note: Well, he didn't get it from me. I managed to fail Algebra not once, but twice.


7 comments:

Marianne said...

Well well well.... big bragging as well you SHOULD! Congratulations to Alex and his teacher and how 'bout YOU? yep... I should think so. you know, by virtue of being his mom and all... :^)

Oh how I love Calvin and Hobbes. What a pair. :^)

Nikki said...

YEAH!!! Big ol' congratulations to ALL of you! (cuz even if he didn't get your math genes he has you as a mom!)

hehe... i should've just said - what Marianne said!

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS to Alex!!!! And to his teacher; and yes, to you as well!

BTW, if I were you, I'd brag to everyone and anyone who would listen!

Great cartoon :-)

Jadielady said...

Wow! Huge congratulations that is awesome!!!!

Dianne said...

Well..I've already said it..but I'll say it again..Congrats to Skander..that is totally awesome..and as Nikki said..he has your genes..so not only is he smart ..he's gotta be pretty darn special too..hugs

Angela Cox said...

Fantastic , Holly's mouth will drop open as we are both complete duffers at Math.
Calvin and Hobbes , I adore them .Which reminds me Mum has some I must collect from the house as all her other books are going to charity.
I'd have loved to do better at Math but my teacher was so terrifying she put me off for life.

Spinning Lara said...

Thats AWESOME! You must be so proud :)